Director of Quality Assurance
Director of Quality Assurance
(Based out of Vancouver or Osoyoos BC)
We build brands that last.
BevCanna is seeking a conceptual, analytical Director of Quality Assurance to lead their manufacturing practices and ensure the highest level of quality, food safety and process control in all infused beverage production.
Operating as a world class manufacturing facility, BevCanna is a white label manufacturer of infused cannabis beverage brands, committed to promoting wellbeing and quality of life through everything we produce. We are a future-focused company with unmatched expertise.
Success with this fast-growth company requires tenacity and thoroughness to align with the strict procedural requirements needed to maintain the highest quality standards and professionalism within the industry. We have high standards, because we know consumers do, too.
- Develop, implement, monitor, maintain and ensure adherence to all internal and federally regulated Quality Assurance policies, procedures and programs associated with infused beverage production (per Cannabis Act, and Standard Processing License)
- Establish and enforce GMP, HACCP and Quality Assurance SOP’’s within the organization
- Work with Health Canada’s compliance and regulatory groups for document interpretation and adherence to all governing laws and regulations that pertain to Cannabis Processing
- Continuously monitor and assess the organization’s quality assurance and manufacturing practices
- Work with formulation, food science and technology partners to implement commercial scale SOP’s for all new product launches, ensuring the highest standards for safety and quality
- Investigate and manage procedures pertaining to incidents, complaints and recall notices
- Establish and oversee relationships with all third-party testing labs, procurement of any required on-site lab or testing equipment including equipment qualification and validation
- Keep up to date on all new rules and regulations with applicable regulatory and compliance bodies domestically (Health Canada), and in relation to global export under GMP certification standards, and ensure any changes are reflected on internal policies and procedures
- Manage and oversee all internal audits and produce quality assurance reports for internal stakeholders as required
- Collect applicable data and respond to audit and information requests from regulatory parties
- Ensure adherence of health and safety procedures with all team members
- Maintain ongoing communication and coordination with relevant departments
- Train, mentor and oversee Quality Assurance team members (contractor or employee) as needed
- Provide technical expertise within the product development working group, including consulting on formulation and innovation as required for commercialization success
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in science (food/chemical/biological), engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Manager or Director in environment which manufactures products for consumption (food, beverage, nutraceutical, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity with GMP, HACCP and Food Safety systems
- Knowledge and familiarity working with Health Canada (for NHP verification) an asset
- Ability to interpret, communicate and implement regulatory requirements
- Familiarity with the Cannabis Act and regulations is an asset
- Experience establishing policies and procedures and streamlining processes
- Strong communication skills with ability to produce high level quality assurance reports
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Great organizational skills
- Ability to lead and influence change as well as delegate work effectively
- Able to make decisions and work independently
- Satisfactory criminal record check
- Able to travel monthly (driving between Vancouver & Osoyoos)
- Ability to stand for long periods, move freely within the plant
- Able to work shift work on occasion
- At least the age of majority
We offer more than just competitive compensation. We are building a lasting business committed to long-term results. Our team has decades of experience creating, branding and distributing wellness and recreational beverages that resonate with consumers on a global scale. We value Innovation, Health, Connection, and Simplicity.
BevCanna’s team collaborates out of our Vancouver Head Office, and the BevCanna Plant near Osoyoos, in the beautiful South Okanagan. This dynamic role has the ability to call either location home.
If you are motivated by the pursuit of excellence, demonstrate initiative and results oriented leadership capabilities to engage diverse stakeholders to drive our innovation and high standards forward, please apply online.